Guidelines for Using Microsafex Trademarks and Copyrights.
These guidelines are for Mirosafex licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Microsafex ’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the keyboard Microsafex Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Microsafex may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Microsafex trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
By using an Microsafex trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Microsafex is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Microsafex’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Microsafex’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Microsafex trademark.
Authorized Use of Microsafex Trademarks
- Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Microsafex and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Microsafex Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Microsafex Logo only as specified in their agreement with Microsafex and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Microsafex. For example: Authorized Reseller, Authorized Value Added Reseller, Authorized Service Provider, Authorized Wholesaler.
- Compatibility: Developers may use Microsafex, or any other Microsafex word mark (but not the Microsafex Logo or other Microsafex -owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Microsafex product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
- The Microsafex word mark is not part of the product name.
- The Microsafex word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
- The Microsafex word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Microsafex product.
- The reference to Microsafex does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Microsafex or Microsafex products or services.
- The use does not show Microsafex or its products in a false or derogatory light.
- Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an Microsafex word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Microsafex Computer Users.
- The use reflects favorably on both Microsafex and Microsafex products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Microsafex word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The Microsafex logo or any other Microsafex -owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Microsafex.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Microsafex, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsafex.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Microsafex’s ownership of its trademark(s).
- Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an Microsafex product or technology may use the appropriate Microsafex word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
- Microsafex Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the Microsafex Web Badges if the site uses or was created using Microsafex -branded hardware or software and you comply with the terms of the Microsafex Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines.
Unauthorized Use of Microsafex Trademarks
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Microsafex, or any other Microsafex trademark, including Microsafex -owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
- Microsafex Logo and Microsafex -owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Microsafex Logo or any other Microsafex -owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Microsafex, such as a reseller agreement.
- Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Microsafex or other variation of the Microsafex logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Microsafex trademark for any purpose.
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Microsafex trademark or any other Microsafex -owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Microsafex or any other Microsafex trademark, including Microsafex -owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Microsafex’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Microsafex, or any other Microsafex trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Microsafex.
- Microsafex’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Microsafex packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Microsafex slogan or tagline.
- Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Microsafex trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of Microsafex Trademarks
- Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
- An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
- Always spell and capitalize Microsafex’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Microsafex Trademark. Do not shorten or abbreviate Microsafex product names. Do not make up names that contain Microsafex trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
- Distribution within the United States Only
- On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Microsafex trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
- Refer to the Microsafex Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark and generic term to use with the trademark.
- Include an attribution of Microsafex’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
- Following are the correct formats:
- _________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Microsafex.
- _________ and _______ are trademarks of Microsafex.
- Distribution outside the United States:
- Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
- Use one of the following international credit notices:
- Following are the correct formats:
- _________ is a trademark of Microsafex., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- _________ is a trademark of Microsafex.
Depictions of Microsafex Products
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: Microsafex does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Microsafex products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Microsafex endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
- Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an Microsafex product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Microsafex product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
- Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Microsafex product.
- The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Microsafex product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Microsafex before using any photograph owned or licensed by Microsafex).
- The Microsafex product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Microsafex products and on Microsafex.
- The reference to Microsafex does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Microsafex or Microsafex products.
For further information with respect to Microsafex’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team.
Report a suspected product, privacy or intellectual property infringement by selecting one of the topics below.
Report Counterfeit or Knockoff Products
Report suspected counterfeit or knockoff Microsafex products, or other forms of suspected infringement of Microsafex intellectual property.
Report Software Piracy
Report suspected piracy of Microsafex software to the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) on the SIIA website. http://www.siia.net/Divisions/IP-Protection-Services
Learn more about Piracy Prevention
Rights and Permissions
If you have questions concerning the use or licensing of Microsafex trademarks and/or copyrighted materials (e.g. photographs, video footage, Microsafex advertisements, or other Microsafex materials), please submit your request to the Rights & Permissions team.